PCEVA,PC绝对领域,探寻真正的电脑知识
打印 上一主题 下一主题
开启左侧

锐龙段错误,NGA论坛已收集到多例

[复制链接]
1#
gtx9 发表于 2017-8-11 22:14 | 显示全部楼层
AMD Confirms Linux Performance Marginality Problem Affecting Some, Doesn't Affect Epyc / TR

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Ryzen-Segv-Response

AMD engineers found the problem to be very complex and characterize it as a performance marginality problem exclusive to certain workloads on Linux. The problem may also affect other Unix-like operating systems such as FreeBSD, but testing is ongoing for this complex problem and is not related to the recently talked about FreeBSD guard page issue attributed to Ryzen. AMD's testing of this issue under Windows hasn't uncovered problematic behavior.

With the Ryzen segmentation faults on Linux they are found to occur with many, parallel compilation workloads in particular -- certainly not the workloads most Linux users will be firing off on a frequent basis unless intentionally running scripts like ryzen-test/kill-ryzen. As I've previously written, my Ryzen Linux boxes have been working out great except in cases of intentional torture testing with these heavy parallel compilation tasks. Even when carrying out other heavy, non-compilation (GCC or Clang) parallel workloads in recent days, from server tasks to scientific processing, my Ryzen test boxes have been stable. I'm still using Ryzen 5 on my main desktop system without any faults in day-to-day use on Fedora 26 Linux.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部